Bronies.de
The BronyDays 2013, convention in Paris - Druckversion

+- Bronies.de (https://www.bronies.de)
+-- Forum: Bronytum (https://www.bronies.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Treffen (https://www.bronies.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Conventions (https://www.bronies.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thema: The BronyDays 2013, convention in Paris (/showthread.php?tid=10056)

Seiten: 1 2 3

The BronyDays 2013, convention in Paris - Simontheb - 11.02.2013, 22:08

Hello, bronies! Allow me to introduce myself: my name is Simontheb, I am a science student, and I am also the communication manager of the team organizing the BronyDays. This is, as you may know, a european brony convention that will take place in Paris at the end of October 2013. In this thread, I will provide some information about it:

The BronyDays

-Date: The Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 of October, 2013

-Location: Espace EFCB, 23rd Emile Zola street in Montreuil, Paris, France

-Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BronyDays

-Twitter: https://twitter.com/BronyDays

The BronyDays will be the first european convention to be held in France, and will be entirely bilingual, in both English and French. The program includes games, art and cosplay contests, interviews with the guests, a party (who doesn't like wubs?), and more...

The following guests will attend the convention as guests of honour:

- M.A. Larson, the writer who brought us amazing episodes such as Sonic Rainboom, Return of Harmony, Luna Eclipsed, Magic Duel and Magical Mystery Cure, and overall “one of the biggest driving force toward a unified narrative in the show”.
Spoiler (Öffnen)

- JanAnimations a very talented artist, well-known for having animated the songs “Picture Perfect Pony” , and “Meet the Bronies” for the brony documentary.

- The Living Tombstone, one of the biggest musicians in the fandom! Check out his channel here.
Spoiler (Öffnen)

- LaserPon3, famous for his spectacular laser shows, will perform at the convention! His channel here.
Spoiler (Öffnen)

- Yulynh, a very talented visual artist, who designed the posters for both our convention and the crowdfunding campaign, will also be at the BronyDays! Check out her Deviant Art here.
Spoiler (Öffnen)

-EileMonty is a british voice actress and singer, well-known in the community. she has taken part in various high quality fan animations like “Picture Perfect Pony”, as well as in many awesome songs such as For A United Equestria or I Am Octavia. Not only will she have a panel, she will also perform at the concert scheduled during the convention! Her youtube channel is there.
Spoiler (Öffnen)

-The Przewalski’s Ponies are a russian music band, and they will come all the way from Moscow to perform at the concert of the convention and fill your ears with pony music! Their soundcloud is there.

If you wish to cover the BronyDays, to be a vendor or to get a table at the convention, you can now apply, the instructions are in this page (at the bottom).

Follow us on facebook and twiter, pass the word around, for it is your attendance that will turn the BronyDays into something really special.

A note about people under the age of 18: they are welcome in the convention, but they must come with an adult who is legally responsible for them. It can be a brony friend over 18, for instance.

As communication manager of the team behind the convention, I will keep this thread up to date by posting news and editing this first post. If you have any question, feel free to ask them in this thread, and I will do my best to answer you!

If you are interested in travelling in group, Stargaze is organizing one, so you might want to read his post right below.

RE: The BronyDays, convention in Paris - MaSc - 11.02.2013, 22:14

Great, i was wondering when the first thread about this covention is being opend at bronies.de.
AJ hmm I am seriously considering coming to france an visit BronyDays. Maybe i should ask my boss for vacation :/

RE: The BronyDays, convention in Paris - starfox - 11.02.2013, 22:33

Sounds and looks pretty interesting.
I will watch this thread and keep that convention in mind.

RE: The BronyDays, convention in Paris - Stargaze - 12.04.2013, 11:30

And I'm gonna take this to the next level!
Since eurobronies.org offers an englisch platform, I'll switch to german here now.

- - -

Hallo liebe Leute (wer nur so tut darf zu Hause bleiben).

Ich denke ernsthaft nach, dorthin zu fahren.
Erstmal war ich noch nicht bewusst in Frankreich, zweitens hab' ich's leicht: Der Thalys (Zugverbindung in Zentraleuropa zur Verbindung größerer Städte) fährt z.B. Köln und Düsseldorf an. Ich wohne in D'Dorf, also win.

Ab 10 Leuten gibt's Rabatt auf die Reise. Bis 26 gibt's Jugendrabatt.
In nur ein paar Stunden ist man in Paris.
Im Zug gibt's WiFi.
Also bequemes reisen, gemütlich und in der Gruppe, was doch sicher unterhaltsam ist. Schlimmer als die 24 Stunden mit dem Bus nach Italien kann das nicht werden.

In Paris selber kommt man direkt mit der Metro zum Gelände. Stationen direkt am Bahnhof (Paris Nord) und direkt beim Gelände. Umsteigen vielleicht, das such' ich mir noch raus.

Zwar sind noch keine Ticketpreise bekannt, aber.
Zusammen mit dem Thalys sollte das nicht mehr als 120€ werden. Vielleicht 130€.
Dabei gehen ich vom Preis für EINE Person aus. 50€ hin und zurück, wenn man heute den spätesten möglichen Zeitpunkt bucht (also Frühbucher). Dabei gibt es keine Reieseversicherung, also ist das Geld so oder so weg. 67 € wenn man Rückgabe (ohne Gebühren) wählt. (69€ für allererste Klasse, aber wenn man dann storniert, kriegst du nur die Hälfte zurück.)

Jetzt noch der Gruppenrabatt und man kommt noch günstiger weg.
Ich werde auch mal im DB Reisezentrum genauer nachfragen, wenn die Seite mir nicht alles absolut verlässlich ausspuckt.

Daher will ich jetzt wissen:
Interessenten?

Für mich hängt das auch vom ConTicketpreis ab. Aber wenn ich vorher schon weiss, wer mitwill, macht es das einfacher.

Des Weiteren
Ich habe noch keinerlei Hotelpreise eingeplant.
Direkt gegenüber des Geländes ist ein Hotel.

Theoretisch kann man nachts sich Paris angucken. Spaziergang zum Eiffelturm (nachts leuchtet der schließlich). Vielleicht kann ich jemand ortskundigen finden, der uns rumführt, oder anderweitig hilft. Dann kann man nachher im Zug schlafen.
Ist nicht jedermanns Sache, ja, ist auch nur eine Möglichkeit.

Fahrtzeiten sind statisch:
- In Düsseldorf weg um ca. 6:00, ist man früh genug in Paris (10:00 Uhr).
Das sind so ca. Con Öffnungszeiten. Ich rechne mit einer halben Stunde innerhalb Paris, vom Bahnhof zum Gelände.
- In Paris weg kurz vor 17 Uhr, also muss man um 16:00 von der Con weg.

Samstag hin, Sonntag zurück wäre also knapp bemessen.
Freitag hin und Montag weg wäre wieder teuer, weil dann MUSS es eine Herberge/Hotel sein. Und in Paris gibt's wenig gute Herbergen. Ich wüsste eine, die ist ein Geheimtipp der Kunsthistoriker von der hiesigen Uni. Da hab' ich Kontakte und kann das rauskriegen.

Jetzt seid ihr dran.

RE: The BronyDays, convention in Paris - InsaneBronie - 12.04.2013, 14:49

paris,.... naja immerhin näher als berlin RD laugh
(von mir aus sind es rund 450km bis dort hin, autobahn (gebührenplichtig) durch)

wobei,... gibt ja eh direkten bahnanschluss nach paris Pinkie happy
von kaiserslautern oder saarbrücken

denke intresse hätte man schon nur zwei dinger störn grad,..
erstens man hat derzeit keinen job (sprich kein geregeltes einkommen Twilight: No, Really? )
zweitens man kann kein wort franzmännisch RD laugh

RE: The BronyDays, convention in Paris - Stargaze - 14.04.2013, 02:06

Ideales Hotel: ibis budget Paris Porte de Montreuil (ex ETAP HOTEL)

Laufreichweite UND Mäcces direkt daneben!

Doppelzimmer (2 Erw.), Frühstück und stornierbar: 72.10€
Nicht stornierbare Version: 57.10€

So, wisst ihr auch bescheid.

RE: The BronyDays, convention in Paris - 404compliant - 15.04.2013, 01:44

(12.04.2013)InsaneBronie schrieb:  wobei,... gibt ja eh direkten bahnanschluss nach paris Pinkie happy
von kaiserslautern oder saarbrücken

Das schreit geradezu nach Zug, die rutschen ruck-zuck bis Paris durch, und in Paris bringt einen die Metro wohin man will. Und die location ist wirklich gut zu erreichen.

Zitat:zweitens man kann kein wort franzmännisch RD laugh

Nicht, dass das ein Problem wäre. Mit Händen und Füßen kommt man noch überall durch, und als Gruppe sowieso. Meine Französisch-Trümmer reichen auch für nichts, man kommt schon irgendwie klar.

RE: The BronyDays, convention in Paris: fundraising campaign launched! - Simontheb - 05.05.2013, 00:44

NEWS:

Our fundraising campaign has just been launched: help us invite artists such as LaserPon3 or Jananimation, and even show talents! Participate to and random drawing to win a ticket to the convention!

To make a donation, it's over here!

For further details, check the first post of the topic.

RE: The BronyDays, convention in Paris: fundraising campaign launched! - Simontheb - 05.05.2013, 18:29

We are happy to announce that the poster you can get by donating to our fundraising campaign will be created by the talented Yulynh: check out her DeviantArt, you won't regret it!

RE: The BronyDays, convention in Paris: fundraising campaign launched! - MaSc - 05.05.2013, 18:37

Thank you for sharing this information with us. It's very nice, that you post this information at our forum and not only at twitter, facebook an co like Galacon does...
I wish you good luck with your fundraising campaign Twilight happy

RE: The BronyDays, convention in Paris: fundraising campaign launched! - Simontheb - 05.05.2013, 21:52

Thank you!

And another news: the badge as well as the T-shirt you can get by donating to our fundraising campaign will be created by the talented Azure Glow: his DeviantArt here!

RE: The BronyDays, convention in Paris: fundraising campaign launched! - Simontheb - 08.05.2013, 17:40

Our fundraising campaign has passed the 500 euros milestone and is trotting toward the 1000 euros! A big thank you to all those who donated and who are supporting us!

[Bild: pun1.jpg]

In what other ways may we experience it?

Stay tuned, for soon we will make an announcement about the guests...
An in other news, here is the design for the badge available by donating, made by Azure Glow:
[Bild: badgepetit.jpg]

RE: M.A. LARSON and JANANIMATION at the BronyDays, convention in Paris - Simontheb - 17.05.2013, 22:41

We are thrilled to announce that M.A. Larson and JanAnimation will attend the convention as guests of honour!

- M.A. Larson is the writer who brought us amazing episodes such as Sonic Rainboom, Return of Harmony, Luna Eclipsed, Magic Duel and Magical Mystery Cure, and is overall “one of the biggest driving force toward a unified narrative in the show”.
Spoiler (Öffnen)

- JanAnimation is a very talented artist, well-known for having animated the songs “Picture Perfect Pony” , and “Meet the Bronies” for the brony documentary.

Thanks to your help, we can welcome these amazing guests to the convention, but if more fund is raised, we will be able to invite even more, so contributing would help us welcome guests of honour from all europe and beyond! Not to mention that you can get some cool rewards by donating to our Indiegogo campaign, including a lunch with all the guests!

RE: M.A. LARSON and JANANIMATION at the BronyDays, convention in Paris - Stargaze - 17.05.2013, 22:43

YOU GOT LARSON?
I don't have enough hats to tip!

RE: M.A. LARSON and JANANIMATION at the BronyDays, convention in Paris - 404compliant - 18.05.2013, 00:18

They got Larson, I'm impressed. Didn't expect that.
Guess that leaves no alternatives, we need to check how Paris is in October. Right, Gaze?

RE: M.A. LARSON and JANANIMATION at the BronyDays, convention in Paris - Stargaze - 18.05.2013, 08:15

Paris in October is going to ... I was gonna say burn in excitement, but given history this would be very bad to say.
Let's stick with Paris is gonna be outrageously awesome.

RE: M.A. LARSON and JANANIMATION at the BronyDays, convention in Paris - 404compliant - 18.05.2013, 19:24

You mean, because the train's going through Belgium and invades enters France from north? Doing this the wrong way two times is really enough, this time let's do it for the magic of friendship!

RE: M.A. LARSON and JANANIMATIONS at the BronyDays, convention in Paris - Simontheb - 24.05.2013, 00:22

We have quite a few announcements regarding the campaign and the convention.

First, we are very pleased to announce three more guests:

- The Living Tombstone, one of the biggest musicians in the fandom! Check out his channel here.
Spoiler (Öffnen)

- LaserPon3, famous for his spectacular laser shows, will perform at the convention! His channel here.
Spoiler (Öffnen)

- Yulynh, a very talented visual artist, who designed the posters for both our convention and the crowdfunding campaign, will also be at the BronyDays! Check out her Deviant Art here.
Spoiler (Öffnen)

Second, the painting, which was available our Indiegogo campaign, has been taken by a generous donator. This makes the amount raised by the campaign past the 1000 euros!
Spoiler (Öffnen)

We want to thank again our donators and supporters, it means a lot to us. Thank you.

And last but not least: for the two last weeks of our campaign, we have decided to make our higher reward more accessible by lowering its amount to only 250 euros. For this donation, you get to take a lunch with our guests of honour, including M.A. Larson, Jananimations, The Living Tombstone and LaserPon3!

THE LIVING TOMBSTONE, LASERPO3, YULYNH and more at the BronyDays, convention in Paris - Buttercheese - 24.05.2013, 01:02

Well, I'll deffinetly be there Smile
Also donated to the fundraiser ~

RE: THE LIVING TOMBSTONE, LASERPON3 and more at the BronyDays, convention in Paris - Simontheb - 25.05.2013, 21:20

Thank you very much for your support!

Another generous donator has taken the painting, wich drives the amount raised past half the goal. Keep it up, the 2000 euros milestone is right around the corner!