Dieses Forum nutzt Cookies
Dieses Forum verwendet Cookies, um deine Login-Informationen zu speichern, wenn du registriert bist, und deinen letzten Besuch, wenn du es nicht bist. Cookies sind kleine Textdokumente, die auf deinem Computer gespeichert sind; Die von diesem Forum gesetzten Cookies düfen nur auf dieser Website verwendet werden und stellen kein Sicherheitsrisiko dar. Cookies auf diesem Forum speichern auch die spezifischen Themen, die du gelesen hast und wann du zum letzten Mal gelesen hast. Bitte bestätige, ob du diese Cookies akzeptierst oder ablehnst.

Ein Cookie wird in deinem Browser unabhängig von der Wahl gespeichert, um zu verhindern, dass dir diese Frage erneut gestellt wird. Du kannst deine Cookie-Einstellungen jederzeit über den Link in der Fußzeile ändern.
Hallo, Gast! (Registrieren)
16.04.2024, 17:07

the english Laberthread (the fine british way!)
Basinator Offline
Wonderbolt

RE: the english Laberthread (the fine british way!)
British English is gross. Change my mind.

Except for flatmate. Why the firetruck should I call someone a roomie or room mate with who I am not living in the same room!?

Crash Override Abwesend
Faust

i think it's depending on the sight for eachother. I even needed to translate "flatmate" - it sounds not that good at first (i won't say that you call your "roomie" a "flat mate"), but after knowing what it means, it makes now sense for me.

The trony is, that they said *american english is like "speak british english, but while chewing a chewing-gum" *... well, i think that english is english - with one exeption: the "german school-trained Oxford english". that's a mess... its good enough to learn english, but that's all of that, 'cause it sounds sometimes strange...

[Bild: ministryofwartimetech8brjf.png]
Traditional Avatar by Darksittich
Ayu Offline
Faust

This whole discussion reminds me of how you call the "ground floor" of a building "1st floor" in the US, which is kind of strange considering it's not used like that in non-english countries.

[Bild: HJRmZnh.gif]
Merch-Futzi mit zu vielen Arbeitsbereichen - Linksversiffter Hippie™ - Sammelauflösung
LittleMissDevil Offline
Wonderbolt

Not true! This is also the case in some buildings in eastern Germany (or at least eastern Berlin). A lot of the multi storey buildings here start on the "1st floor", which irritates me to no end. RD laugh

Lorenor Nightmare Offline
Enchantress

English is great i speak english since 2017. my english is good it's not perfect, but still good enough to speak this great language.

Ehemals bekannt als Nightmare Brony.
Ayu Offline
Faust

Even if your english skills are flawed in some way or another, exchanging with others online helps a lot to improve. The lessons in my school days pretty much only consisted of repeating words and sentences, not so much the use. Therefore my earliest online posts in english were pretty horrid with being more along the lines of 1:1 repeating the same sentences as in german but with the words replaced by their english equivalent, resulting in gibberish. RD laugh

I still have issues with figuring out when to use a comma because of how different its use is compared to german.

Merch-Futzi mit zu vielen Arbeitsbereichen - Linksversiffter Hippie™ - Sammelauflösung
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 07.05.2021 von Ayu.)
Basinator Offline
Wonderbolt

I am surprised at how tiny Oxford is, it is no larger than Göttingen or Kassel.

Crash Override Abwesend
Faust

@Ayu: it's the same how "google translator" works a few years ago: just translate every word 1:1, and then the mess is perfect. even like you said: telking "real" with others in englich can improve the skills way better than the "school-english" (what is mostly called Oxford-English - why, i don't know).

My biggest problem is there only the art, that in english i need to write all words "small", not like german - where a word (without names) is written with a "big" first letter; and often the pronouncing, that's why i need to "have a sec for thinking" when i talk english with others.

Lorenor Nightmare Offline
Enchantress

I write sometimes english comments on youtube. it's still very hard to write in english, because i have to think for a long time, how i can write the comments properly.

Ehemals bekannt als Nightmare Brony.
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 07.05.2021 von Lorenor Nightmare.)
Basinator Offline
Wonderbolt

(07.05.2021)Crash Override schrieb:  @Ayu: it's the same how "google translator" works a few years ago: just translate every word 1:1, and then the mess is perfect. even like you said: telking "real" with others in englich can improve the skills way better than the "school-english" (what is mostly called Oxford-English - why, i don't know).

My biggest problem is there only the art, that in english i need to write all words "small", not like german - where a word (without names) is written with a "big" first letter; and often the pronouncing, that's why i need to "have a sec for thinking" when i talk english with others.
* worked
* English, German. With capital letter.

Cleaner way to phrase it;
* perfect ass mess
* as you said (?)

Zitat:My biggest problem is there only the art,
Derpy confused

(07.05.2021)Nightmare Brony schrieb:  I write sometimes english comments on youtube. it's still very hard to write in english, because i have to think for a long time, how i can write the comments properly.
You sound fine. FS grins

Ayu Offline
Faust

Switching back and forth between languages easily results in mistakes, most native speakers ignore the capital letters for the most part too because of how rare their usage is.

Basinator Offline
Wonderbolt

I member how someone accidentally posted English on German forums because he failed to notice to switch back to his native language. Of course, he was replying to a topic that was written in German, for that matter. Shrug

Crash Override Abwesend
Faust

(07.05.2021)Basinator schrieb:  
(07.05.2021)Crash Override schrieb:  @Ayu: it's the same how "google translator" works a few years ago: just translate every word 1:1, and then the mess is perfect. even like you said: telking "real" with others in englich can improve the skills way better than the "school-english" (what is mostly called Oxford-English - why, i don't know).

* worked
* English, German. With capital letter.

Cleaner way to phrase it;
* perfect ass mess
* as you said (?)

Twilight: No, Really? Stop that you grammar nazi. i'm not perfect, and i stand to that - i "won't" be perfect; it should be seen that i'm not a native speaker. Besides that, even most americans doesn't write correct like you correct me, so just stop that.

Edit(h): you can run, but you can't hide. oh, and a tip - go and try to learn "how to be a teacher" and teach in a school - and not in a "small horse forum"... or try that by the "bible-beliving christians" or else (who don't even speak a single word in english!) to fuck them up and get banned.

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 07.05.2021 von Crash Override.)
Basinator Offline
Wonderbolt

(07.05.2021)Crash Override schrieb:  Twilight: No, Really? Stop that, you grammar nazi.

*runs*

Dominik-Man Offline
Wonderbolt

I hate my tooth right now. Twilight: No, Really? Why did I got random pain two days ago? Everything was fine until thursday night. Twilight: No, Really?

Früher bekannt als Squid-Player

Stolzer Brony since 2016 Heart

Examinierter Altenpfleger mit Leidenschaft! RD salute

Bin nur ein Dude in seinen Zwanziger, der MLP mag. Derpy confused
Ayu Offline
Faust

Maybe a change in air pressure triggered the issue? At least that's usually the cause of tooth ache for me (and migraine).

HeavyMetalNeverDies! Offline

Brits are crazy. Calling an elevator a "lift". Who in the right mind does that? Speaking of right... those crazy people do drive on left side of the road. That's weird. Das Pferd weird. Eeyup

[Bild: 52538124312_f7739de9e0_o.jpg]
Dominik-Man Offline
Wonderbolt

(08.05.2021)Ayu schrieb:  Maybe a change in air pressure triggered the issue? At least that's usually the cause of tooth ache for me (and migraine).

No, I don't think thats it. AJ hmm Anyway, I will go to the dentist tomorow, because my pain didn't got so much better.

HeavyMetalNeverDies! Offline

(09.05.2021)Dominik-Man schrieb:  
(08.05.2021)Ayu schrieb:  Maybe a change in air pressure triggered the issue? At least that's usually the cause of tooth ache for me (and migraine).

No, I don't think thats it. AJ hmm Anyway, I will go to the dentist tomorow, because my pain didn't got so much better.

Maybe it's a silent heart attack. That can cause toothache. But let's hope not. Do not want

[Bild: 52538124312_f7739de9e0_o.jpg]
Dominik-Man Offline
Wonderbolt

Yeah, I know. Do not want To be honest, the pain got a bit better during the day. I still feel a bit of a presure, but it's not that painful as yesterday.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste